Saturday, May 26, 2012

Meet Chewy

I let our dog Sampson out yesterday, and he was quite interested in our butterfly bush.

I heard a scream from the grass, and knew that it had to be a bunny.

Not knowing if the bunny was suffering, I did what any wife would do, sent James out to make sure that it was ok.....(I can't handle a suffering animal).

James carefully picked up the little guy, checked for damages, and gave the OK to show the girls.
Teeny Bunny


It was everything I could do not to pet it....the girls loved it. They insisted it needed a carrot and a name......Chewy.

Chewy and his Carrot


Now for a split second I thought we needed a new pet, but then realized that this rabbit probably would rather take its chances with the wild than live with 2 cats. a dog and a set of pre-schoolers.

Abby and Livy pose with Chewy

After giving it a goodbye wave, and one last picture, James took it out to the brush by our house where it happily hopped away.


No comments:

Post a Comment