Friday, May 25, 2012

It's the Kitten that Binds Us

Swimsuit season. The time of year that makes grown up gals cringe (well, at least me). I tend to avoid swimsuits like the plague, but, there is something wrong with my daughters, they just can't fit into the suit I bought them last summer.

Trip to Target.
I decided to put on my Big-Mom pants. I was actually going to let the girls choose their own swimsuits. So far, the girls (being twins and all) had only been able to choose different socks and pajamas. I figured a swimsuit was ok. I was psyching myself up to see them walk out of the store with two separate bathing suits.

Really, it is a step for me.

The girls each browsed like true shoppers, looking at each one and commenting on the patterns and how they we so in this season. Olivia decided on a solid pink ensemble while Abby wanted a purple animal print one (she was won over by the sparkles). I kept a smile on my face, and gathered our things as we headed to the checkout.

Then, it was there.

Well......Hello, Kitty! (Literally)

Now....I have NO idea how my children found out about Hello Kitty. I'm blaming it on the Grandparents. Their eyes got wide and they both SQUEALED (When was the last time YOU did that over a swim suit?!?)

Instantly, their choice was changed, and I have Sanrio to thank.

The girls LOVE their Hello Kitty suits, and I'm thankful for another matching Summer :)


3 comments:

  1. I need a picture of them in the suit!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures!! I don't know how my daughter discovered Hello Kitty, either, but it's better than other things, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CT, I'm getting a picture today at the lake (hopefully)

    Sarah, you are right, it could have been a Bikini :)

    ReplyDelete